Monday, April 09, 2007

Tell me why...
I don't like Mondays. Actually on second thought, I'll tell you. I didn't get to race this weekend because I promised I wouldn't race Boat Street if it rained. Now I'm all pissed off that I made that promise because I HATE NOT RACING!!!

In addition to being mad at myself for not racing, I can't find my ipod so I have no music on my commute, the first two busses that went by this morning had full bike racks, so I had to wait, when I finally did get to work I realized I forgot to pack a shirt, it's going to be a bitch of a head wind on the way home, and the work is piling up about 10 times faster than it is getting done.

Fortunately I do keep a spare shirt in my locker just in case I forget to bring one in (like I did today), unfortunately it is the free 787 Hawaiian shirt that the company gave out to a bunch of people. It's somewhat hideous and absurdly huge. I know that I'm fat for a bike racer, but fat for a bike racer is emaciated for a desk-jockey engineer, and these shirts are sized for desk-jockeys. It's like a damn moo-moo.

I don't like moo-moos, and even if I did like wearing them, I would expect to have some kind of beverage that has lots of alcohol, big chunks of fruit and a little umbrella while I was wearing them.

Stay tuned for an announcement on my birthday party later this month. You're invited.

5 Comments:

Blogger UltraMick said...

On the plus side: you did not damage kit or bike (unlike Dan H.), you had a screaming tailwind all the way to work (unlike me), it was not icy and snowy (unlike 2/3 of the country), and you can carry all that I HATE NOT RACING emotion into TST. But you get NO sympathy from me on the oversize clothing issue....

4/09/2007 10:33 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

Thanks for the Monday blah buster! Invisioning you in a moo-moo sipping foo-foo drinks is priceless.

4/09/2007 11:55 AM  
Blogger UltraMick said...

DH seemed fine. Broke his chain, went over the bars, destroyed his jersey, but no gushing blood or discernible limp on his way to the officials' stand to tell them his story.

KW seems fine too. :)

4/09/2007 1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sissy!

4/09/2007 4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yesterday morning as I was riding to work at 28mph with a 110 bpm HR, I thought to myself: this might make for a tough ride home. Yeah, sure enough, that was a biatch in the evening....12mph and a HR hovering around 160!! good stuff, good luck at tst big guy!!

4/10/2007 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home