Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Flames everywhere.

Flames on the new bikes, flames on last week's post, the world is engulfed. If you haven't been keeping up to date on my blog (like me) here's the quick rundown. Anonymous doesn't like me.

Or in his own words

"I've never raced against you until this wknd - I'm not impressed. In the closing efforts of Mason 1, one of your mates yelled "All you Jamie!" (or something of the sort) as a prompt for you to throw down a solo effort as you left the pack in your wake - for 4th place mind you. Were you disappointed when you had your d*ck knocked in the dirt *after* you looked at me, said "Oh. Hey, I guess that's me." and then tried to "take off"? Dude please, we ate you up like a stack of hotcakes. Sure, you're trying *not* to come into the season hot, but don't mouth off like you're some crazy superstar. Just shut your cakehole, ride your bike and stop being a punkass. Flames on the frames? Pah-lease."

How can I sleep at night knowing that anonymous doesn't like me? Well to be fair, I just found out this morning so I haven't had a chance for it to disturb my sleep yet. I guess I don't read my blog very often so I tend to get behind on the comments.

Now I know so time to catch up. Russell Cree was kind enough to rush to my defense/deflect the blame to Michael Pruitt. Now I know that a major thesis statement of last week's post was
Michael Pruitt = Source of all evil
but upon further reflection, that may have been ever so slightly exaggerated. That and I'm sorry to say, but Anonymous is on your team Russell. Towards the end of the last lap (maybe two miles to go) I was up towards the front with a whole mob of Hagens Berman riders, Anonymous included. We were hangin' out, havin' a good time on the front so I introduced myself. I figure I know most of the HB guys, but not this one, I might as well get his name. Then I promptly forgot it. Anonymous shouldn't feel bad that I forgot his name, it usually takes me a few tries to remember someone's name unless they are

a.) female and
b.) hot

Don't be upset anonymous, It's not you, it's me.

We've established that I can't remember his name...not Ian, not Anton, not Adrian, not Alfredo, not Todd, not Sam (who is a much better draft than Todd), whatever. It doesn't particularly matter. But as I was saying, I'm in the unwise position of the front of the pack with a couple miles to go, I've just introduced myself to Anonymous and one of my teammates behind the mob of HB riders is yelling for me to go. This is when I roll my eyes and in the most sarcastic, I'm not looking forward to this at all, voice that I can muster say "I guess that's me." Apparently either I need to work on my 'dripping with sarcasm' voice or anonymous needs to brush up on his English comprehension, because "I guess that's me" really doesn't qualify as "mouthing off like some crazy superstar."

As I was saying, I don't particularly relish the idea of a two mile lead out, and even if I did I wouldn't want to lead out the wrong team (mob of HB riders on my wheel). so I'm clunkin' along on the front trying to get off of the front but none of the HB boys are interested. My team is clamoring for us to pick up the pace when Ian McKissick goes blowing by on the left side. No reaction from the HB boys, so I jumped and chased after him figuring that if HB didn't seem to have any interest in letting me off of the front I could at least make them chase me instead of dragging them to the line. I did, they did, they caught me (as expected), the field sprint followed, and Wes from my team took 2nd (5th) wile Jason took 5th (8th). So we missed the break which is too bad, but had a decent field sprint. Big congrats to Lang for the win, he is looking strong this year.

Not so confidential to Anonymous;

like you said, you've never raced with me until this weekend. I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt on this one, but it's difficult. Let me try to explain, you see it's Mason Lake. Sure, everyone is trying to win, but nobody really cares, and I'd rather chat with people than put on my angry man race face. Before I introduced myself to you I was talking with Anton about his engagement, I was chatting with Ian M about the ToC, I was chatting with Ian T about getting a PT SL laced into his Zipps (I'm totally doing it) I was chatting with Rob and Derrick about the (lack of) new Bob's Bicycle team kits, I was chatting with Harm about how his new Rubicon outfit makes him look like a pumpkin. I guess the point that I'm trying to make is that I talk a lot, and if you ask around you'll find that it's not trash talk, it's *just* talk. I like to get to know the people that I race with, to be friendly with them.

If that isn't sufficient reason to convince you not to flame my blog, I'll point this out. This blog was originally started as a way for my non-cycling friends and family to figure out what I do every weekend. In other words, my little brother and sister read this blog (she's still in middle school), my parents read this blog, my grandparents read this blog.

So next time that you want to talk about having my "d*ck knocked in the dirt" how about you do it to my face?

12 Comments:

Blogger UltraMick said...

Since my team kit is exactly the same colors as Dan Harm's, and since I'm about a foot shorter, and since you think it makes him look like a pumpkin, I'll infer that you must think I look like a short, round pumpkin and therefore will take offense. But the flames on your bike are cool.

3/06/2007 9:07 AM  
Blogger Jamie Stangeland said...

Stoked, you wouldn't look short & round even if you stood in front of one of those carnival mirrors. Besides, It was Dan that said he looks like a pumpkin, not me. Admitedly I didn't argue with him, but if you're going to take offense, you're going to have to talk to him. I'm sure he'll just tell you no Harm intended.

That was pretty bad, made me wince a little.

3/06/2007 9:22 AM  
Blogger Old as dirt said...

Hopefully, you haven't heard "don't feel bad it's me not you" from too many girls!
If so, I'm sure Pruitt can help with the therapy ;-)

3/06/2007 10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh that Anonymous... so care free with the words... Ahhh... to be in 3rd grade again...

Thanks for resurrecting your blog ya lazy b...

3/06/2007 11:27 AM  
Blogger Old as dirt said...

You didn't talk to me though, what's up with that? Maybe anonymous is right ;-) you big sissy.

3/06/2007 11:27 AM  
Blogger Russell@Upper Echelon Fitness said...

I don't think it was any of our riders. Did we have anyone in the top 20?

And, let's breakdown the Hagens roster for the race.

Adrian was up front with his training buddies like it was a weekday ride.

Anton wouldn't post anon comments because everyone already knows how he feels about WoW.

Alfredo doesn't speak English.

Todd has ridden 4 hours this winter and hence, was nowhere to be seen. Not him.

Patrick Stanko? No way. Not his style. He comes to us from 2nd Ascent where they instill friendly values to all other PBR drinking fellows (that means you Jamie).

Ross Spero? Oregon kid, still has no idea who you are. He doesn't even know his own teammates yet.

Josh Tack? Moved here from Iowa City via Missoula, MT 2 weeks ago. I know the legend of Strangelove spreads far, but not that far. Not him.

Mike Hone? No way mate. Ahh bugga.

Sam Johnson? This kid could be your brother. He's just that nice. And a little nuts. Not him.

Tubbs? "pahlease"

I think that's it for us! Anyway, sorry to burst your theory but it's not a Hagens rider. look at the results, there were a lot of people in the top 20 that weren't HB. In fact, 18 of them!

And, of course, you know I was kidding about the Pru-dog theory.

3/06/2007 1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, so much drama! what is this, OBRA?

he does talk a lot, I can vouch for that... man, that drive to ohop, I couldn't even get a word in edgewise

3/06/2007 7:07 PM  
Blogger Jamie Stangeland said...

Sorry Russell, but I remember the discussion very clearly. It was with one of the HB boys. I agree it wasn't Ian, Mike, Sam, Alfredo, Adrian or Anton. I can't say that I know Alfredo or Adrian very well, but I know who they are, and I get along quite well with the rest. The other three I can't put a face to, so I'm not sure which one he is. He said he's never been in a race with me before, so one of the transplants makes sense. Anyway, like I said before, it's neither here nor there. The person obviously misunderstood what I said, he'll get over it. That and it's funny to watch people talk trash to the leadout man.

3/06/2007 7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't you boeing guys have anything better to do? Is this lack of focus on what is important an example of why Airbus is eating your lunch and making you like it?

3/07/2007 1:18 PM  
Blogger Jamie Stangeland said...

Oh Really?

Anonymous, you should do your homework. Maybe you won't be wrong next time if you do.

3/07/2007 2:07 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

New to this Interwebs thing, Jamie? Look, under the warm security blanket of anonymity that is the Internet, it's easy to spout off like you've got a pair and say things you'd never say to someone's face. Happens all the time, and the accepted protocol is to just ignore those testicularly-challenged folks who won't bother to attach a name to their post.

Give the HB guys a break. It's always possible that it wasn't one of their 1s posting. A HB Cat 1 retells the story (in a positive light, mind you), one of their wannabe Cat 5s (who's going to be setting the world on fire with his prowess Real Soon Now(tm), just ask him) overhears and thinks he'd be a tough guy if he came to your blog and posted trash. Cat 5: "Hey, check this out, I done flamed him real good like. I've got cred, right?" HB Cat 1s: "Shut up, n00b."

Ignore it, move on, not worth the time. Not worth any more time than the anonymous twelve year olds I play Halo with on my Xbox, and frankly, the twelve year olds are generally more clever. Hell, just delete the comments if you want.

3/09/2007 9:38 AM  
Blogger pleasure said...

So next time that you want to talk about having my "d*ck knocked in the dirt" how about you do it to my face?

i can get behind that. but it wasn't a HB rider, i'm sure of that.

3/10/2007 11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home