Monday, April 10, 2006

No humor this time.

From bikecafe.net
Seattle, Washington - Today was a very sad day for the Seattle cycling community as Brad Lewis passed away while racing the Boat Street Criterium Category 1/2 race. Early reports indicate Brad suffered a cardiac arrest in the race causing him to pass out and crash.

Brad was well know in the cycling community, riding for the Recycled Cycles Racing Team.

BikeCafe will pass on more news as it becomes available. Our thoughts and prayers are with Brad's wife Emily and their families.

A memorial vigal will be held at Recycled Cycles Monday April 10 at 8pm

My first real encounter with Brad was after the Blackberry Crit at the end of last season. I had crashed and broken my frame when he approached me saying that he new the warranty guy at Cervelo and would do what he could to help me out. I didn't know Brad well but in every encounter I had with him he exemplified generosity, kindness, and class. We are worse off without him, and he will be dearly missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home